To graduate students who are equipped with skills to render lifesaving emergency care to critically ill or injured patients. Graduates will exit with an Advanced Life Support qualification and be able to register with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a Paramedic.
Mediclinic Southern Africa is a well-established private healthcare provider with great career opportunities. Any student that successfully completes a Higher Education qualification would be able to apply for career opportunities with Mediclinic.
Our courses provide a practical foundation that allow learners to gain hands on experience in their field of interest. This approach not only ensures better understanding and better knowledge retention but ensures that a successful student can qualify with valuable and relevant real life work experience.
A diploma level qualification could lead to one of the following positions:
- General Nurse
A certificate level qualification could lead to one of the following positions:
- Auxiliary Nurse
- Clinical Coder
- Emergency Care Assistant
Diploma in Emergency Care Programme Description
The curriculum is outcomes-based and follows a student-centred approach. It is a two-year programme that consists of theoretical and clinical components.
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Foundations of Professional Practice
- Integrated Sciences (Chemistry)
- Integrated Sciences (Physics)
- Emergency Medical Care 1 Theory
- Emergency Medical Care 1 Practical
- Emergency Medical Care 1 Clinical Practice
- Primary Health Care
- Emergency Medical Care 2 Theory
- Emergency Medical Care 2 Practical
- Emergency Medical Care 2 Clinical Practice
- Rescue (High Angle Rescue, Light Motor Vehicle Rescue & Fire Search, and Rescue)
Timeline For Applications
Application date: 1 May to 30 June
Commencement of Programme: January
Visit the application portal here.
The following will be required as soon as the application system opens:
– Concise CV
– Certified copy of grade 12 certificate or grade 11 academic results
– Certified copy of the front page of the applicant’s ID book
– Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee
The programme is available at the following registered Mediclinic Learning Centres:
Willie van Schoor Drive, Bellville, Western Cape, 7530
Tel: (021) 943 6000
Learning Centre Manager: Johann Olivier (Registered Nurse with Education qualification)
Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd Hospitals: Durbanville, Milnerton, Panorama, Cape Gate
Intercare Clinics: Blaauwberg
Western Cape Government College of Emergency Care: Provincial emergency medical services.