Lost Your Matric Certificate? Here’s How to Apply for a Replacement Online

How do I Apply for a Lost Matric Certificate Online: Hey there! Did you lose or damage your matric certificate? No sweat, it happens! The good news is you can easily apply for a replacement online. Here’s a casual guide on how to get your National Senior Certificate back without breaking a sweat.

A Process to Apply for a Lost Matric Certificate

Step-by-Step Guide to Requesting a Replacement for Lost or Damaged Matric Certificate

Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you request a replacement and get your statement of results in the meantime.

Step 1: Payment for Replacement

  • Options for Payment: You can pay the prescribed fee in one of three ways:
  • Amount: For a replacement certificate, it’s R164.00 and an additional R57.00 for a statement of results. These fees are valid from 01 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.

Step 2: Gathering Necessary Documents

  • Prepare an Affidavit: Write an affidavit explaining the situation with your certificate – whether it’s lost or damaged.
  • Certificate: If your certificate is damaged, make sure to bring the original. This step is not necessary if your certificate is lost.
  • Identification: Bring your original identity document (ID) and a certified copy of it.

Step 3: Visiting DBE/PED Offices or Posting Your Application

  • Visit in Person: Go to the nearest DBE or PED office with your documents and payment.
  • Postal Application: Alternatively, download the replacement application form, fill it in, and post it along with your affidavit, damaged certificate (if applicable), ID documents, and postal order to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001.
READ  What Happens when you Upgrade your Matric Results and Fail

Step 4: Online Application (Optional)

  • Online Process: If you prefer, you can apply and pay for the re-issue online at www.eservices.gov.za.

Step 5: Waiting for the Replacement Certificate

  • Duration: It takes about four to six weeks for a replacement certificate to be issued if your records are on the system. For records not on the system, it takes longer as they need to be retrieved from the Archives.
  • Immediate Statement of Results: While waiting for your replacement certificate, you can obtain your statement of results immediately.

Step 6: Return Damaged Certificate (If Applicable)

  • If your certificate is damaged, remember to return it to the DBE or PED when you apply for a replacement.

Following these steps will ensure that you can successfully apply for a replacement of your lost or damaged matric certificate and get a statement of results while you wait. Remember, having all your documents ready and knowing your payment options can help make the process smoother and quicker.

First things first, if you have lost your matric certificate, you can go to the Department of Basic Education or your provincial department of education’s website. You can apply and pay for the re-issue of your lost or damaged matric certificate online. It’s quick, easy, and saves you a trip!

While You Wait: Get a Statement of Results

Need something to show in the meantime? You can request a statement of results while you wait for your new certificate. And if your certificate is damaged, remember to return the damaged one to the Department of Basic Education.

READ  Online Registration for Matric Rewrite

Heads Up! Different Provinces, Different Processes

Keep in mind that the process might vary a bit from one province to another. So, it’s worth checking the specific requirements for your area.

Change of Status: Combining Credits

Here’s something else you might need to know. If you’ve written matric in more than one exam sitting and want to combine your credits for a National Certificate, you’ve got to apply for a ‘replacement certificate: change of status’. The department doesn’t automatically do this unless it was for a supplementary exam. You can take care of this online too.

Contact Details for More Info

Still got questions? Reach out to the National office at 012 357 4511/13 or email certification@dbe.gov.za. For specific provincial contacts, here’s a quick list:

  • Eastern Cape: 043 604 7709/73
  • Free State: 051 404 8000
  • Gauteng: 011 355 0588
  • KwaZulu-Natal: 031 327 0538/0331
  • Limpopo: 015 290 7747/7830
  • Mpumalanga: 013 766 0033
  • Northern Cape: 053 839 6585
  • North West: 018 384 3100/51
  • Western Cape: 021 467 2483

Losing your matric certificate isn’t the end of the world. With a few clicks online, you can have a replacement on its way. Remember, the Department of Basic Education is there to help, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you need assistance. Here’s to getting your certificate back and moving forward!